Deb Werksman has been at Sourcebooks for 19 years, before which she owned her own publishing company. She is the editorial director of romance fiction, and is acquiring single title romance in all subgenres: paranormal, historical, romantic suspense, contemporary, erotic romance with:
- a main character the reader can relate to
- a love interest she can fall in love with
- an imaginative, credible world gets created into which the reader can escape
- a hook she can sell within 2-3 sentences
- a career arc for the author.
Sourcebooks is known for its marketing, PR and sales, and its focus on building authors’ careers.