Deadline: Entries must be received by 12:00 PM (Noon) MST, November 1, 2019.
Final Checklist for Entering the Contest:
- I have gone to https://contest.pikespeakwriters.com/ and created an account.
- I have gone to https://contest.pikespeakwriters.com/ to enter my entry/entries.
For novel-length entries:
- I have reviewed the Synopsis Formatting Checklist (below).
- I have uploaded a Synopsis of up to 500 words in length.
- I have reviewed the Manuscript Pages Formatting Checklist (below).
- I have uploaded my Manuscript Pages consisting of the first 2500 words. (Manuscript Pages can begin with a prologue if the manuscript has one. Otherwise, Manuscript Pages must begin with Chapter One and should not exceed 2500 words.)
Or for Short story entries:
- I have reviewed the Short Story Formatting Checklist (below).
- I have uploaded my Short Story consisting of a maximum of 5000 words.
- I have indicated that I want up to two critiques at a fee of $25 per critique. (Skip this if no critiques are desired.)
- Neither my name nor any personally identifying information appears in the Synopsis, Manuscript Pages or Short Story, or filenames.
- I have gone to https://contest.pikespeakwriters.com/pay.php to pay via PayPal. Fee is $25 per entry. A fee of $25 is also charged per requested critique.
Synopsis, Manuscript Pages, and Short Story Checklist:
- Documents must be in .doc or .docx format.
- Documents are double-spaced.
- Documents have ragged right margin. (That’s left justification, not center, right, or full justification except title and chapter headings, which may be centered.)
- Documents have one-inch margin all around (top, bottom, left, and right).
- Submission must use 12-pt. Courier New or 12-pt. Times New Roman font only. (Be aware that many word processors do not default to these fonts.)
- Pages must be numbered.
- Headers may include title and page number, but not the name of the author.
- Remember to adapt your header so that no reference to your name or other personally identifying information is included.
- Remember to remove any references to your name or other personally identifying in your uploaded filenames.