Our partners at the State Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) report that the risk to most Coloradans from the coronavirus is LOW, and they are confident the state health care system is prepared to minimize the potential spread of infection. We are operating as normal and there are no changes to the conference schedule. We will continue to monitor the situation through the CDPHE and the CDC.
It is important to remember the risk to most Coloradans from the coronavirus is low. We are recommending that everyone follow appropriate safety measures as recommended by the CDC, which include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Then, wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
In addition, we recommend
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow instead of into your hand
- Consider elbow or shoulder bumping instead of handshakes or hugs.
While in attendance at the conference, we encourage you to make use of the hand sanitizer we will have available in every conference room and at the registration desk. If you are feeling ill, we recommend that you give yourself an opportunity to recover or take necessary precautions to protect yourself and your fellow attendees.